Initially Nigeria and Seirra Leone, Uganda and Kenya and Malawi and Zambia will be focused on. Depending on the capacities and circumstances arising, other countries can be added on or the list could be revised. Uganda the host country will always be in focus. Whereas most activities will concentrate on the focus countries depending on availability of funds and CESCRA maintains the regional focus including future debate to reach out to Portuguese and francophone countries.
Furthermore, CESCRA will also have regional initiatives aimed at seeking issues of commonality and bringing them into regional debates. CESCRA’s idea is to create a pool of Actors on the continent that are responding to economic social cultural rights debate, engagement and decision-making processes.
Values and Commitments
- Equality of all persons including gender equality and social inclusion
- Transparency and accountability in all levels of engagements
- Participation of all levels of society
- Engagement through mutual dialogue
- Respect for all voices of society and actors
- Models of excellence in all CESCRA undertakings